Believing “all ages, all growing, all the time” is God’s best for us, PLCC is looking for a full-time Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. The goal is to cultivate faith and character in youth who live out love for God and others, and become fruitful followers of Jesus the rest of their lives.
This is not only a great place to worship, but also a great place to work! If you’re not yet familiar with PLCC, explore our website; see our beliefs and values. Attending a weekend worship experience is also highly encouraged. View worship times and location here.
1. Cultivating a holistic and relational youth ministry
Develop and grow a youth ministry department which invites leaders to invest in lives of students and equips families to grow in faith and service to Christ.
- Recruit, nurture, and develop lay leaders to be partners in ministry to students.
- Coordinate volunteer involvement, encourage them to support one another, and equip them to use their gifts in ministry.
- Initiate and pursue contact with students, individually and in groups, to care for them and to communicate the love of Jesus through words and actions.
- Cultivate a truth-loving and fun-loving community between students, and between students and leaders.
- Encourage and equip parents to join in the work of helping their children grow as disciples.
- Communicate clearly with parents and build partnerships with parent teams to assist in effective ministry.
2. Ministry Management—weekly and special events
- Work with staff and volunteer teams to encourage students’ spiritual growth through study of scripture, prayer, fellowship and service:
- Contribute creative ideas, insight, vision, and enthusiasm for youth ministry.
- Plan and implement curriculum for year-long and summer ministry programs–Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, small groups, special events, retreats, and mission projects.
- Communicate the good news of the Christian faith with warmth, humor, and effectiveness.
- Invite, coordinate, and equip leaders to take various roles in programs and special events.
- Assist in developing and executing other youth events as needed.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with regional and national denominational activities.
- Define and articulate a vision for Student Ministries that aligns with Pine Lake Covenant Church’s mission.
- Develop a Leadership Team to help execute the vision of Student Ministries.
- Provide situational pastoral care and counseling to students and their families.
- Other duties as assigned which relate to your unique skills and gifts.
- Profess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Enthusiastically demonstrate a humble love for the Lord and a desire to serve Him.
- Possess spiritual and emotional maturity.
- Exhibit a growing Christian life that models the values that are encouraged in our youth.
- Accept the Bible as the Word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct.
- Be committed to the purpose, vision and core values of Pine Lake Covenant Church and the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and outgoing; comfortable leading in front of the church.
- Demonstrate a passion and ability to relate to teens and young adults and partner with parents and staff.
Education & Experience
- Pastor’s license not required, but we want you to possess a pastor’s heart and the desire to bring others closer to God.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with youth.
- Minimum BA Degree or equivalent.
- 100% employer paid medical/dental/vision insurance for both employee and dependents
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 15 days’ vacation (20 days for a licensed pastor)
- Pension benefits (extended to a licensed pastor)
- Professional development financial assistance
Interested in the position?
Thank you for your interest in the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries position. You can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to our Search Team:Apply.
Once we have received your resume, we will be in touch to discuss next steps. Here’s an estimated timeline of the search process:
Thank you for your interest in joining our staff!