In a spirit of solidarity, we as Pine Lake Covenant Church will be participating with other Covenant churches and the faith community in a march and rally to speak up against injustice. The 'March to Surrender' is taking place on Friday, June 19, 2:00-4:00 p.m. in downtown Renton. This is a catalytic moment for the church. In the wake of the unjust murder of George Floyd and so many others, we stand in solidarity with the African-American community, our brothers and sisters in Christ who face injustice. This march will be the beginning of a journey in our Biblical commitment to model Jesus, who speaks for the marginalized and vulnerable. We submit to Jesus and stand for justice.
We will meet in the PLCC parking lot at 12:30 p.m. in order to caravan together (in separate cars). Please SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE by June 15.
As you consider marching with us, please review these guidelines that participants will be asked to comply with:
1) Follow all CDC recommendations by maintaining social distance, wearing a mask at all times, avoiding touching one’s face, washing hands, and using hand sanitizer frequently. (there will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the route of the march)
2) If you have any COVID-19 symptoms as laid out by the CDC, please do not attend the march in person but shift your support to an online presence.
3) If you bring or wear a message, ensure that it is free from expletives.
4) Firearms are not permitted on site.
5) Domestic leashed animals are permitted.
6) Follow the directions of appointed community and event leaders.
7) Do not litter or leave trash on the ground.
8) Stay on designated route and permitted sites.
9) There will be a live-stream option if you are unable to join us on the march. Details to come.