What is myPLCC?
myPLCC is a communication hub that enables PLCC members, attenders and friends to interact and encourage one another as well as keep up to date with the latest happenings in their groups and PLCC. The easiest way to reach myPLCC is to bookmark this page: http://my.plcc.org.
What can I do with myPLCC?
After signing up and logging into myPLCC you can:
- Update your profile: We use myPLCC as our church directory, so make sure your contact information (phone, address, email) is always up to date. Click on “Go to my profile” in the upper right to verify its accuracy and fill any gaps. If any family members are missing from our records or if you have other questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Add your photo: Be sure to add your photo so others can easily recognize you. It doesn’t need to be fancy, but please make sure it’s appropriate for a church setting. Don’t forget to add a photo of your entire family. This photo may be used in the future for printed church photo directories.
- Communicate with others in your groups: Log into myPLCC regularly. Use group messages to coordinate group activities and share burdens, praises and prayer requests. Leaders can manage group membership and organize the group calendar.
- Connect with acquaintances: Did you meet someone on Sunday but can’t remember their last name or want to contact them? Click on the People tab to search for folks in the PLCC community. Think of this as PLCC’s online church directory. And if you need to look up someone while you’re on the go, touch “Mobile Login” when visiting http://my.plcc.org from your phone.
- Check out your giving records: From your profile page, you can click on the Financial tab to view a history of your giving to PLCC and print your own giving record. Of course, all of this information is completely private.
- Find groups & serving opportunities: Click on the Groups tab to find groups you might be interested in joining. You can also click on the More tab and select Needs to view a list of unmet needs across your groups.
- Update your service availability: If you participate in any volunteer groups, you can click on your name in the upper right and then click on Availability to Serve to enter any “blackout dates” when you’re not available to serve.
- Check your calendar: Click on the Calendar tab to see events happening church-wide and in your groups. Your customized ‘My calendar’ shows events you’ve registered for, your group events, and needs you’ve chosen to provide. You can even subscribe to these calendars on your phone or your personal calendar application (Outlook, Google Calendar, etc).
Is it safe?
PLCC’s Technology Steering Team carefully evaluated this service provided by Church Community Builder and found it to have strong security and privacy controls, plus the experience and maturity that comes from providing this service to thousands of churches for many years. Here are some additional details:
- Your myPLCC login is secure. The information you enter is available only to others with a myPLCC login. Logins are only granted to members and friends of our church.
- You can control what pieces of your myPLCC profile other members see. Go to My Profile->Change Settings->Privacy Settings.
- Children under the age of 12 are further protected, as they are only visible to church staff and approved child work volunteers.
- PLCC retains ownership of all data…nothing is ever sold or given to other companies.
- More questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you find myPLCC to be a valuable tool for connecting and participating in the PLCC community. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.