During this COVID-19 season we’ve adapted our ministry to pursue a new vision:
We’re staying small because we believe it’s the best way that we can move forward as a church while staying safe and healthy. Unfortunately we won’t be in any big group gatherings anytime soon, but here’s what you can expect:
- An emphasis on community
We care deeply about you, your mental health, and your well-being—especially this fall! That’s why we want you to feel connected! Each student will have the opportunity to connect with a mentor that will support you, encourage you, and walk faithfully with you especially as you get settled into a new school year. But just as important, we want to create a space for you to simply connect with others, and be yourself. Through every initiative we do this fall, there will be an emphasis on connection through community.
- A focus on worship
We’ve been worshiping online Sunday mornings during the summer, and this fall we’ll continue to do the same. But, there are two new additions you can expect this fall:
- During each Sunday service a student from Pine Lake Youth will be reading the Scripture as a way to live out our call to be a multigenerational church that worships together.
- In addition, each week there will be a student-specific pdf for you to download right from Facebook or YouTube that will have a few ideas and discussion questions pertaining to how each Sunday sermon connects to your life as a student!
- Apprenticeship to Jesus
Why the word ‘apprenticeship’? An apprentice is someone who learns by doing, alongside a leader that’s there to guide and support the entire way. We’ve created a number of different groups & experiences for you to choose from that will keep you connected and engaged this fall:
- Middle school students: Every Sunday @ 6:30pm we will have Ignite groups (small groups) by grade and gender. We will plan to meet in person, with appropriate social distancing protocols in place.
- High school students: there’s a few options for you depending on the day, time, and interests you have. Groups that meet in person, that meet online, that go deep in conversations about faith, or simply a time to come hang out and connect with other students.
- This first round of small groups will last 8 weeks… who knows our world might be in a totally different place by then!
- Signups are open now, group sizes are limited to keep us safe and healthy, and they’ll begin September 8!
- Check out the list of all the groups this fall!
All Access Nights
Every Tuesday night, 6-8pm. The night begins in the Community Room for a meal, then we transition to a time of free time in either the gym or the Underground, and finally gather in the Underground for worship, teaching, and Life Groups.
The Practice Room
Every Sunday during 10am worship. Students begin the morning all together in service, then halfway through the service are invited to the Practice Room in the Underground where we engage in Scripture in ways that help put our faith into everyday practice.
A Discipleship Pathway. Pine Lake Covenant Church is committed to coming alongside you and your family during each season of life from birth through high school graduation. Each milepost reflects a core component of what we believe to be a vitality pathway in following Jesus.Learn More about Mileposts
Upcoming Youth Gatherings
- No upcoming events are scheduled