Stephen Ministry provides Christ-centered, compassionate, confidential, one-on-one care to those who are struggling with life’s crises and challenges. Our care is offered to the entire Sammamish community. It is not limited to PLCC members/attendees.
Do you or someone you know need our help?
- Job loss or confusion
- Crisis in faith
- Feeling disconnected
- Divorce or loneliness
- Illness or death
- Worries about parents
- Worries about kids
- Hopelessness or depression
Don’t walk this path alone! A Stephen Minister can walk alongside you in this difficult time.
What Does a Stephen Minister Do?
- Listens empathizes, encourages, prays, and provides emotional and spiritual support.
- Meets weekly or an agreed upon schedule with the care receiver for as long as the need persists.
- Will meet you where you are in your faith
Upon your request, the Stephen Ministry program will be described to you in detail. If your needs are within the scope of Stephen Ministry, they will prayerfully match you with an available Stephen Minister.
Refer a Friend
We envision a culture at PLCC where people in life transitions and crises receive loving support from committed Stephen Ministers who recognize the power of prayer in God’s healing, and where church members are prepared to make referrals for care.
How to connect a potential care receiver with Stephen Ministry:
- Permission: Seek permission from the potential care receiver to make a referral. Example: “It sounds like a Stephen minister might be helpful for you. Do I have your permission to make a phone call on your behalf?”
- Referral: Contact a Stephen Ministry Referral Leader. Email: A Stephen Ministry Leader or Pastor Sharon Anderson, giving a brief description of the potential care receiver’s situation (or leave your own name and number for our call-back).
- Contact: A Stephen Ministry Referral Leader will contact the potential care receiver, meet with them, and determine whether a Stephen Minister is appropriate (you will be informed when a contact has been made).
- Prayer: We will pray for wisdom in determining which Stephen Minister is the best match for them.
- Assignment: As soon as possible, a Stephen Minister will be assigned to care for the care receiver.
Become a Stephen Minister
Stephen Ministry exists to provide Christ-centered, compassionate, confidential, one-on-one care to those who are struggling with life’s crises and challenges.Become a Stephen Minister
Learn More About Stephen MinistryLearn More